Thursday 24 January 2013

Nursery Rhyme Unit

Incy Wincy Spider Art Lesson
Water colour resist web using colours to portray sunshine or rain. Extra effects added by use of salt.




As  I am teaching Nursery rhymes in term one, I thought why not make our drama unit all about puppetry- it was a good thought to voice in front of my mum because she then suggested that she make a load of finger puppets for me. They're so cute! I helped a bit, but she had the sewing machine license and is really good at sewing and creating the ideas and patterns for the characters. Poor Mum is still busy, but here is what we have so far.
Incy Wincy Spider
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
Humpty Dumpty
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Hickory Dickory Dock
I know an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly
I love this one. Not only does she look fantastic, but the kids can add the animals into her clear belly as they recite the rhyme. 




1 comment:

  1. So cute. She should take orders. :)

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete