Saturday 2 March 2013

Learning the Alphabet

Well just like in all classes, I have such a variety of ability levels. Some children know all letter names and sounds, many know up to 12 letters and some known none; not even those in their names. I do all the normal stuff, such as a letter a day (4 letters per week), but I am always on the look out for new activities. Today I made some alphabet bingo cards, which are available here. You hand write the letters on before laminating so then you can add those you have studied so far, the letters in certain kids names if you have a small group who would benefit from this, or any of the 26 letters written in the font you follow. 
I am also adding another activity I made last year. It is for matching the lower case letters to capital letters. Look here to see the lower case letters are on ice cream and the capitals are on a cone. I also made a strip which shows both lower case and capital letters for the kids to refer to as they work with this activity. It's available here.  

That's all for today folks. It's a rainy day here so I might get my exercise out of the way and then snuggle up on the lounge.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment